Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Another Lotan Week

Wow. I’ve been doing some crazy rad things in the desert these days. Check it out:
Building Geodesic Domes

Sorting dates factory style


Eating arugula from my own personal garden (I don’t even like arugula, but I guess if you grow it yourself it tastes better because it really wasn’t that bad!)

Going on a beautiful hike (those are ibex in the distance)

I also managed to get 1. a piece of glass in and then out of my foot (why am I such a wreck?!) and 2. a haircut (can you tell from the pictures?).
In other news, the mosquitoes have emerged from their summer slumber and have begun to torture me. The one good thing about the desert was the lack of skeeters. Now I don’t even have that. Stupid desert.
Regardless, I am having a wonderful time.
-Katie

3 comments:

Lexi and Jenny said...

I found this and thought of you. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TW8UR81Us54&NR=1

Do you know what Batman would do? Throw a bat-a-rang at them.

Lexi and Jenny said...

And by them... I mean the mosquitos. No doi.

Katie Porter said...

brilliant.
clearly i need a bat-a-rang. clearly.