Monday, October 15, 2007

Hanging Out

After a long day of working in the garden and exploring neighboring Kibbutz Grofit, I relaxed by lounging on a dog:

(continued thanks to Marisa for making the "Bikesexuals" silkscreen - everywhere I go people want my shirt. Like hell I would give that shirt away...)

The next day, my friend Michal came down to visit for the weekend:

It was really fun to see her and to catch up on things, considering we haven't seen each other since 2001(!) there was plenty to share. Hopefully we'll get to see each other again when she (maybe) joins us for a trip to Sinai.
-Katie

3 comments:

arianag said...

That dog is too cute! It is a Jewish dog? What is the dog's name? I want one!

Katie Porter said...

a word about the dogs on lotan... they are everywhere! they roam around with tons of freedom and form dog posses (which is cute because usually it's a lot of little dogs and then one big dog). and yes, they are all jewish dogs (most wear yarmulkes, but this one's apparently fell off) and i don't know it's name. probably something like chullant or botz... and i'm not allowed to bring you a dog back from israel. it's a long story, but i tried to bring one back when i was 12 and wow was it a bad idea. missing you ag!

Anonymous said...

I had an Israeli penpan named Michal when I was a kid. Gotta love Wis. JCC overnight camp! Your blog is terrific, the pictures are beautiful!!