Monday, December 10, 2007

Wollongong (rated PG13)

I left India and I am heartbroken about it so it’s not to be discussed until I have a ticket in my hand to go back.

The upside is I’m in Australia, hooray! And, I’m with Pheonix, hooray! We’ve been in and out of Sydney, which feels strangely similar to Seattle so it was somewhat familiar. Now, we’re in the town of Wollongong where the residents have weird senses of humor.
A Public Service Announcement about the problem with drunken walking:

Business establishments that refer to sexual acts without apology (!):


And the current events are rather gruesome:


This place is, needless to say, bizarre. Let’s hope weirdly fascinating things happen to us here...
-Katie
(I turn 26 tomorrow, which I’m sure you all remember, but it is kind of sad to have a birthday on the road... miss you guys.)

5 comments:

Lexi and Jenny said...

You are so old. You are like a million years old. Old. That's how old you are are, oldie McOlderson. And then some, ya big wrinkly prune.

I LOVE YOU!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Old Lady. (Ha ha ha. I just called you a lady.)

Have rocktackular birthday!

Lexi and Jenny said...

It occurs to be that you already may have had a rocktacular birthday, because you are in the future. Hmm. Well, now you can have a happy birthday with us in the past.

Unknown said...

Hey lady, happy day of birth, I know it's tough getting to be that old, at least you are with P and she can change ypur diaper for you! I hope you are having enough fun down under to make up for leaving India abruptly...and now you are closer to me and Chris, if you guys need a Hawaiin retreat, you know where to find us! Happy Birthday Katie!!
Sierra

Unknown said...

Well, I'm a few days late, but HAPPY BIRHDAY from Chicago. Lots of love! Wow, 26... don't worry, you'll always be a baby to me, kid. Enjoy the land down under, I can't wait to hear about that culture shock!

Katie Porter said...

dink- i am old. but you are older. heh heh.
sierra/chris- i'm concocting plans for a hawai'i new years 2009. but i can't think about it now.
pooter(!)- chicago? i thought you were in south carolina, what gives? i love you. email me.
-katie