Monday, November 26, 2007

More Generosity

I am staying at Uri's place in Tel Aviv and I've been here since Friday, he is so willing to share his space. I hope someday I can return the favor...
I have explored various markets and cafes since my return to the tel. I haven't done anything terribly interesting - except there was a protest/march we went to the other night. It was basically the Israeli equivalent of Take Back the Night: "NO means NO means NO..." or in Hebrew: "LO ez LO ez LO..."
Uri was arrested for civil disobedience, but he's out and fine now.

Yesterday I visited family outside Jerusalem. I hung out with my cousin and his wife and I met their four adorable kids - it was so much fun to spend even a little bit of time with them. David, my cousin, lives close to my grandmother's roommate from college and she gave him a picture of her from college days:


David and Devorah, his wife, treated me to a wonderful dinner and dessert plus a comfortable bed to spend the night.
-Katie

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

you look a lot like your grandma! safe travels to india. xo ariana

Unknown said...

Katie,
How are you related to David? Obviously, it must be on your dad's side, but I did not realize you had family in Israel.

Is India next? When and where will you be traveling?

Love,
Aunt Susan

Katie Porter said...

ag- it's crazy, huh? (you should pictures of my mom's mom and me, whoa...) and thanks!
aunt susan- david is my dad's cousin. (so my second cousin?) india is next! i leave today. i'm going to mumbai, pune, and matheran. expect updates!
love you -
katie

Sheer said...

katie! i am so glad to hear you had a good time in tel aviv visiting family and staying with friends. i hope your week in india will be incredible! i miss you.

xo,
sheer