Wednesday, September 19, 2007

A trip to Eilat

Yesterday was the first time I left the kibbutz since I arrived on the 3rd. It was, needless to say, a much needed break. Nine of us went into Eilat to enjoy the city and say goodbye to Serena, one of the GAs, who decided that the program was not right for her. Here are a few things that we enjoyed on our excursion:

The ride down

The scenery

The supermarket

The drinks

And the nightlife


It was a nice night and an important break. We were back to work today building a retaining wall made out of tires. We built it with one less person - good luck finding what you are looking for Serena.
-Katie

4 comments:

Lexi and Jenny said...

Is Kosher the name of a gay club? If not, don't tell me, because I'm very attached to the idea that it is.

Good luck on the wall. It just got cold yesterday. Today, I got to wear a sweater. Hurray! We miss you. There was no one to crumble bread with...

Happy Belated New Year.

sierra goldie said...

It must have been great to get out of the kibbutz, have a drink, see some city(even if it was only Eilat), I bet it felt like a totally different world! Have fun with the tire wall...

Jessica said...

I haven't talked to you in the longest time and I'm glad to see you are well! I am following your blog and envious of the work you are doing. You're providing my routine evenings with laughs and adventure! When you come back to the states, you will need to make your way down to Wilmington =)

ampaulk said...

goldstar? seriously, there's a beer in israel called goldstar? that's it, where's my passport, I'm moving.