Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Buenos Aires

The 20 hour bus trip from Bariloche wasn´t really bad at all. They fed me three square meals and my seat reclined way far back, if the child behind me hadn´t screamed for 60% of the way it would have been a really pleasurable journey. Check out the view of Argentina from the bus window:


I arrived in Buenos Aires at around 11am yesterday. I spent most of the day settling in to my hostel and just chilling out. Today I got off my butt and explored a little bit of the city. I went to the Museo Nacional de Bellas Artes:


and the Cementerio de la Recoleta:


Where I saw Evita´s grave!


Buenos Aires is a beautiful city. There are plenty of old religious buildings:

fountains:

huge, beautiful trees:

and dogs out for walks:


I had planned to stay here for my last two weeks, but I might bounce a little early to check out some of the smaller towns nearby. I´m already feeling a little overwhelmed by the size (13 million + people!) and pace of the city.
Ugh, I am such a freakin´ wimp.
-Katie

2 comments:

Kevin Baker said...

Looks fun to me. :-)

And yeah, now that I know you have a blog, I'm going to read it.

I hope you are well.

pheonix said...

are any of those dogs that ones that caused you to be run down by a topless poop-slinger?