Saturday, March 8, 2008

Pachamama

Okay, so the tour I´m on is totally perfect for:
1. Where I want to go and
2. My non-existant Spanish skills.
The name of the company is Pachamama. I did not know that it meant "Earth-Mother" when I signed up, but besides the name everything is great.

Here´s the van we drive around in (thankfully they didn´t paint pictures of trees or the wind or women giving birth, phew):


Before we left for our long drive yesterday, we enjoyed a sunset off the Chilean coast:


Then, early in the morning we hit the road and our only real stop was in Santa Cruz at the Museo de Colchagua. It´s the country´s biggest private museum built by Carlos Cardoen. Who is this guy? Um... an arms dealer who was on the US Government's 10 Most Wanted list for years. So, going to his museum was strange. Here was one of the exhibits:


I left Santa Cruz feeling confused. Fortunately I had pleasant views of Chile from the van window to get my mind off warfare:


Now we´re in Pucon which means "Entrance to the Mountain." I´m going to be here until Wednesday. I hope to get in some rafting and hiking. It´s possible to hike up a volcano, but that´s not my style. Somethings are better seen than experienced - like lava.
-Katie

2 comments:

Lexi and Jenny said...

hike up the volcano, Katie!

Sheer said...

i love reading about all your adventures! glad you found a way to see a lot of the country with the time you have.