Monday, March 10, 2008

Pucon

Pachamama clients can stay in any of the towns we go to for as long as we want, so I decided to stay in Pucon for a few extra nights. It´s this cute little town nestled next to the Villarrica lake and under the Villarrica volcano:


One of the reasons I decided to stay in Pucon is the "La Posada del Embrujo" hostel:
It is pretty phenominal. Clean. Cozy. Comfortable. Everything you would want for about $12 a night.

Another reason I decided to stay in Pucon is because there are really fun things to do here, for instance, white water rafting on the Trancura River. Here´s the group I went rafting with (from L-R, me, Nikolas, Lorent, and Eric):


Don´t be fooled by the awkward smile. I hate wet suits:


The river was great. Mostly class IV rapids and great guides (thanks Yo-yo!). We jumped off rocks, swam in currents, and balanced on the side of the raft. Plus, it was pretty:


Then, today I flew around on cables in the tree canopy of a local forest. I figure if Pheonix lived in a tree for a year and a half I can swing around up there for an hour or two. Who´s a happy camper?


Needless to say, I´m having a ball.
-Katie

2 comments:

Lexi and Jenny said...

sounds amazing. i'm jealous!

pheonix said...

too bad we couldn't swing around in tree tops together! we should have a backyard treesit with a zip line to the house. that would be rad.