Thursday, March 13, 2008

Chilean Lakes District

One of the last things I did before I left Pucon was to go for a hike in the Huerquehue National Park. I went with fellow hostel-mate Anne (who hails from Holland). We had a great time:


The next day I left Pucon to continue my adventures south. We ended our day in Valdivia which has a number of old Spanish fortress relics around town:


And we stayed at yet another beautiful hostel:

but there wasn´t a ton to do in Valdivia so we left this morning.

We traveled through Puerto Montt where they had decent salmon and a really fun market where they sold cool things like this:


Now I´m in Puerto Varas and I´m here until tomorrow at which point I leave the whole country and head to Bariloche, Argentina.
Chile has been non-stop awesomeness. Let´s hope Argentina is more of the same.
-Katie

1 comment:

pheonix said...

you are non-stop awesomeness.